31 Mar Top 5 Vital Elements of Designing Interior Wall Graphics
Design is not just what it looks like and feels like.
Design is how it works.
Graphic design is used to enhance interior décor in homes and offices. Interior wall graphics, wall murals, and wall wraps are trending big right now, and with good reason: Wall graphic design today goes beyond hanging a picture to creating a picture.
There’s no doubt about the importance of interior graphics walls in residential and commercial decorating. Whether you’re adding a touch of magic to a child’s room or reinforcing your brand in your lobby, the same vital interior design elements apply.
- Balance – Symmetrical balance (the same objects in the same positions, “mirroring” each other) was the décor norm, but an asymmetrical balance is what is used more frequently today. This takes away that “staged” appearance and appears more fluid.
- Color – Use color in wall murals or wraps to unify spaces. Your commercial property can feature a variety of complementary colors that will work with any logo. The same is true of your home. You may have just two colors for your decorating scheme, but you can use varying shades of those colors in every room.
- Details – If colors are the base for your graphic design, details hold everything together. Like glue, without it, your wall graphic design falls apart.
- Focal Point – “Interior design’s biggest enemy is boredom,” says freshome.com. Well-designed offices and lobbies always have a focal point that draws visitors’ attention and inspires them to look further. Your wall wrap or murals can feature a focal point that leaves a lasting impression with visitors and clients.
- Unity – The architecture of your building is design’s body. You’re going to use that body to complement your interior graphics, and the two must work together. If your building is a historical property, go with that but take it to another level; strengthen the original design.
Gate City Signs & Graphics for Residential, Commercial Design
Wall wraps, window wraps – even floor wraps will put your personality “out there” for everyone to see. Isn’t that what you want your home and office to be; a reflection of what you think, feel, believe? Call Gate City Signs & Graphics, 336-617-8823 and let’s plan an onsite assessment to determine the best use of graphic design for your interior spaces!