22 Apr Promote Your Business with Custom Vehicle Wraps
Custom vehicle wraps have become a great way to advertise and get your business recognized. Painting or wrapping your vehicle in the advertising material of your company is one of the latest crazes in product or service promotion. The vehicle literally becomes a billboard. Business owners are discovering car wraps reach customers quickly, effectively and economically.
A Brief History
Traditionally, billboard advertising was the main source of outdoor marketing for a business. Billboards placed along side of roads were viewed by thousands of people each day. In the 1990’s governmental jurisdictions began putting restrictions on billboards and where they could be placed. These restrictions led to advertising companies and business owners looking for new ways to advertise. Vehicle wraps emerged as a result of this.
Eye-Popping Vehicle Advertising Numbers
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America has compiled some statistics regarding mobile advertising. A few of these numbers are listed below:
- More than 95% of Americans are reached by advertising that is meant for drivers and passengers in vehicles.
- A vehicle that is wrapped for promotion can be seen by 30,000 to 70,000 people per day.
- Fleet wraps and vehicle advertising boosts name identification by 15 times when compared to other forms of promotion.
- Almost 1/3 of outdoor viewers, 30%, say they would base a buying decision on advertising that they see.
Great Return on Advertising Dollars
Advertising investment dollars are compared on cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) or views. The benefits of custom vehicle wraps become apparent when they are compared to other forms of publicity. As a matter of fact the comparisons are not even close. Some of those numbers are listed below: (all numbers are CPM)
- The cost of a 30-second ad in one of the Top-100 television markets in the country costs $17.78.
- In one of the Top-100 radio markets a 60-second spot would cost $8.61.
- A one-third page black and white ad in the Top-100 newspaper markets costs $22.95.
- In the Top 23 magazines a one-page, four-color ad costs $9.35.
- For all billboard ads the average cost is $2.18.
- Custom vehicle wraps cost $0.77!
As you can plainly see there is really no other form of advertising that comes close to the cost effectiveness of custom wrap promotion.
What Types of Car Wrap Programs Exist?
There are several ways a business will use vehicle wrap programs. They are as follows:
- A business may chose to wrap their own vehicles and use them as mobile billboards. This is a very effective way for a company to advertise as their vehicles are on the road to start off with. These company vehicles drive many miles and all over the place so they are seen by many, many people.
- A business may buy a driver a vehicle and pay to have the vehicle driven. The driver may have to pay for insurance and gas. There will be restrictions to this set-up. The company may require the driver to be at promotional events and adhere to other guidelines. Of course, the salary paid will depend on the routes driven and how many miles that the driver is required to cover.
- Drivers may offer their vehicle to a company for payment. This is a highly competitive endeavor. The car owner has to register with a promotional marketing company. There will be guidelines as to the make, model and year of the vehicle. Drivers with trucks have a better chance of being offered a job since their vehicles have more surface area and can hold more graphics.
More Information on Custom Vehicle Wraps
Vehicle advertising is very economical option compared to other forms of publicity as shown above. Surveys show that vehicle wraps get more views than billboards. A wrapped vehicle stands out among the traffic so it stands to reason people look at it!
Custom vehicle wraps can be a winning combination between a car owner, the advertising agency and your business. While there are some restrictions in the deal these are not insurmountable. Mobile advertising has come on the scene in a big way and these rolling billboards can help your business in a big way.